DDA has a dress code for all classes except Creative Movement, Hip Hop, and Adult classes. Registration fees for new students include uniform leotard, tights, dance pants (boys) and shirt (boys), and dance shoes.
Girls are required to wear their uniform leotard to every class and rehearsal but Hip Hop and Creative Movement. Each level has a different color:
- Pre-Combo: Light Blue
- Primary 1, 2, 3: Marine Blue
- Level 1-2 Tap & Jazz; Grade 1-2 Ballet: Peacock Blue
- Level 3-4 Tap & Jazz; Grades 3+ Ballet: Royal Blue
- Skin-toned tights are required for girls (except Hip Hop and Creative Movement). Tights are your “underwear with legs.” Do not wear underwear with your uniform.
- Students must wear black shoes for ballet, tap, and jazz; Both ballet and tap shoes are included in registration for Pre-Combo classes.
- Wear clean sneakers for hip hop.
Pants, Shorts, and Skirts
- Boys are required to wear their uniform black dance pants to every class and rehearsal but Hip Hop and Creative Movement. Boys may opt for close-fitting black shorts.
- Girls may wear black dance capri pants and/or dance shorts over their leotard for tap classes. Wrap skirts of any style or color may be worn for ballet classes.
- Boys are required to wear their uniform white t-shirts to every class and rehearsal but Hip Hop and Creative Movement.
- Students may wear close-fitting long sleeve or wrap tops for warm-ups or on cold days.
Hair & Jewelry
- Hair must be pulled away from the face and off of the neck, such as in a bun, a ponytail, or a headband for short hair.
- Only stud earrings are permitted. Necklaces, bracelets, watches, Fitbits, and dangling earrings are not permitted.
- Clean sneakers/tennis shoes
- Loose pants such as sweat pants, or close-fitting pants such as jazz pants or leggings
- Close fitting t-shirts or tank tops
- No exposed mid-sections.
Dancers are required to dress in uniform for all classes and rehearsals unless otherwise noted; proper dance wear is required so that instructors can see that students are using proper alignment. Students must wear their required dancewear to all DDA classes and rehearsals unless otherwise noted.